1325 Kingsfield Street720-733-9074
I am a web developer with over eight years of diverse technical experience developing and managing corporate Internet and Intranet websites. Effective as part of a team or as an independent developer. Broad range of design and technical skills. History of developing and maintaining client and team relationships.
Microsoft Active Server Pages (.asp)
Application Developer May 2005 to Present
I produced a wide variety of custom multimedia interfaces designed to stream audio and video content over the Internet.
· My clients included Amazon.com, In Touch Ministries, NBA/WNBA, The Christian Science Publishing Society, PGA Tour, AllWorship.com, and CommPartners.
· Built the multimedia interface for the Amazon.com 10th Anniversary concert which streamed a live Norah Jones and Bob Dylan concert.
· Created e-commerce portal templates for PGA Tours and Billiard Club Network.
· Developed a PHP/MySQL application to inventory and track all media tapes that Nine Systems acquired.
Owner/ Webmaster/ Developer-Designer Apr 2002 to Present
Dempsey Enterprises, LLC, Castle Rock,
I developed Internet and Intranet websites for small businesses in
Coloradoand as an independent web designer/consultant. Created new sites and performed monthly maintenance and updates on established websites. Arizona
- http://www.rubyspeaks.com (includes a shopping cart solution)
Webmaster Jan 2001 to Oct 2004
ACS/BlueStar Solutions/Agilera, Inc.,
Solely managed all aspects of the corporate Internet and Intranet websites. Focus of work included the creation of web-based applications, development of SQL Server databases, software and web architecture recommendations, project management, and the design of graphical content.
· Served as Chief Architect for a company wide, web based Purchase Requisition system, which enabled a 60-day seamless migration from a tier one ERP system, resulting in annual savings in excess of $250,000 for maintenance and licensing fees.
· Enhanced a client email order application built in Cold Fusion/ASP. Added additional functionality for renewing/deleting email accounts that were expiring.
· Redesigned Internet site to incorporate new marketing designs and themes. Improved navigation and layout of content to better communicate what products and services were offered and to attract new customers and sales.
· Suggested bringing corporate Internet site in-house and project managed its implementation to save the company $10,000 per year in 3rd party hosting services.
· Developed a corporate Intranet site. Collected requirements. Designed and developed content using the Macromedia MX suite of tools and PhotoShop. Built a site for Sales & Marketing that provided an area for sales reps to acquire necessary tools and collateral. The Intranet site eliminated the distribution of employee related paper documents as well as reduced unnecessary corporate email.
· Ensured web servers were up and running with the latest service packs, software, hardware, and security patches.
· Monitored web server performance. Including web-site traffic analysis with NetTracker software.
· Built 2 online surveys to aid management in determining the effectiveness of the IT and legal departments.
· Created a Client Reporting tool with Microsoft’s Active Server Pages (ASP) that allowed customers to view monthly status reports about their servers.
· Implemented a Windows 2000/IIS 5-development environment that mirrored the production servers to safely develop new applications and websites.
· Created databases with SQL Server 7 and SQL Server 2000.
Web Applications Developer Nov. 1998 to Jan 2001
Developed Intranet/Extranet/Internet web applications for a Telecom company.
· Created an online Exit Interview, Testimonial application, Alarm Test application, Billing Issues tracking system, and an application that administered Agent Ids and Comp Ids for the sales force utilizing Cold Fusion and SQL Server 7. These applications eliminated the need for maintaining spreadsheets and generated online statistical reports.
· Integral member of development group that created a DSL order entry system using Cold Fusion. Responsible for building the pre-qualification and order entry pages.
· Co-developed an application that generated and administered contract numbers. This application saved the company $100,000 per year in printing costs.
· Implemented a web farm on Windows NT servers using Resonate software for load balancing.
· Lead the installation of Backweb, a push technology, to provide management with another means of getting important information to employees, especially the sales force. Administered setting up groups, permissions, and content that would be pushed to the users. Provided demos to Sales and Marketing to instruct them on how the tool could benefit their users.
· Designed databases using SQL Server 7.0
Systems Analyst Jun. 1998 to Nov. 1998
Provided technical support for an IT department of 50 employees. Responsibilities also included being a technical liaison between IT and the Sales Commissions department.
· Installed Windows NT 4.0 Workstation/Server including IIS
· Installed Microsoft SQL Server 6.5/7.0
· Designed databases using SQL Server 6.5/7.0. Performed data normalization to build proper relational databases.
· Implemented and administered a repository for documentation and code control using Microsoft’s Visual Source Safe.
Consultant Sep. 1999 to Dec. 2000
Lookout Below Productions,
Produced a wide variety of multimedia products incorporating the latest video, audio, and web technologies.
· Project lead and primary developer of a Computer Based Training (CBT) CD for Agilent Technologies that taught engineers how to use an oscilloscope. The project required the manipulation of audio, video, still images, voice-overs, and animation.
· Digitally edited commercial video “How To Build Log Furniture” using Adobe Premiere. Created storyboards, incorporated music tracks, and applied a variety of transitions, filters, masks, rolling credits, superimposed clips, and rotoscoped clips. Assisted in the two-day shoot of video. Video is sold nationally.
· Video taped a dance showcase, digitized the video on a Macintosh, and edited the video using Final Cut Pro. Exported the video back to VHS tape for sale to the dance studio and its students.
· Developed an interactive wedding CD-ROM using Ulead’s Media Studio Pro and Macromedia Director.
Reservations Sales Agent Jun. 1993 to Jun. 1998
Continental Airlines, Inc.,
Provided high level of customer service on the international and domestic reservations desks and on the ramp. Additional duties included:
· Installed computer hardware for 300 positions
· Provided technical support for users of new Windows application
· Supervised up to a dozen baggage handlers for domestic and international flights
Archaeologist / Historian / Researcher Oct. 1988 to Jan. 1993
Richard Grubb & Associates, Inc.,
Cranbury, New Jersey
Researched and excavated historic and prehistoric sites in
and New Jersey . Pennsylvania
· Documented findings in writing, with photographs, and in scale drawings
· Cleaned and cataloged artifacts
· Wrote historical abstracts for state reports
· Supervised half a dozen researchers.
Board Member, Castle Rock,
, Historic Preservation Board June 2004 – Present Colorado
Webmaster, The Parker Genealogy Society of
May 2005 – Present Colorado
, Regis University Denver, Colorado
Master of Science in Computer Information Systems December 2000
, Rutgers University, New Brunswick New Jersey
Bachelor of Arts in History Spring 1990